Last updated on Dec 9th, 2015.
- The types of information that we may collect from you when you access or use our websites, or application (collectively, our “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through our Services, in email and feedback sent through or in connection with our Services.
I. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect few types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally contacted
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
Information you provide to us: The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Your account information: Your full name, email address and contact details.
- Your browsing activity: Links that you click on our Services, activities you involve in them.
- Your Public Posts: You also may provide information (such as name, tips, comments and likes.) to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on publicly accessible areas of our Services. We may display this information on the Services, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself in such postings. If the any content posted by the user is objectionable, you’ll will/may be liable for the due course of action by the govt dept/agencies in accordance with the law.
We use the information you provide to us to enhance the functionality and improve the quality of our Services, and to personalize your experience while using our Services. We also use this information to display relevant advertising, provide support to you, communicate with you, and comply with our legal obligations. Collected info maybe be parted with the govt dept / agencies if required by them as per the policy of the govt.
Information about your messages.
If you exchange feedback messages through the Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to request a change of the same.
Information we collect through at the backend.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services without registering or logging in.
- Device information: Information about your device, which includes Internet Service Provider, IP address, operating systems version, platforms and device type.
- Location information: Our applications collect information about the location from where you use our Services.
- Last and Post URL Visits: The URL of the last web page you visited that directed to our website and URL of the web pages you land by clicking from our websites.
- Mobile device IDs: Unique mobile device identifier if you’re using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to send notifications and track your use of our applications. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted.
- Mobile status: For mobile application users, the online or offline status of your application.
II. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Process and respond to your queries
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, what feature they want to see in the future, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by making it more user friendly), and send you notifications from time to time regarding the posts.
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Provide you with customer support.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
III. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
General Information Disclosures
- Social Networks, If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as the Facebook Like button, or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Life on Plates, our readers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
IV. REVIEWING, CHANGING OR DELETING INFORMATION
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, please use the “Contact Us” from the bottom of the page (also located here).
V. SECURITY: HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION